Thread: LibreOffice and previously OpenOffice frequently wants to "recover files."

Beans

LibreOffice and previously OpenOffice frequently wants to "recover files."

Ubuntu 12.04 lts user here.

I know this is not an Ubuntu issue. I also know we are free to ask questions about other programs in these forums.

When I open a document/file that I created with LibreOffice, and in the past with OpenOffice, it frequently asks me if I want to recover the file or that file and others with it.

What's up with this?

Why so much recovering so called corrupted files or documents ?

I always choose yes and it quickly recovers and opens the files, but what is going on here?

Beans

Re: LibreOffice and previously OpenOffice frequently wants to "recover files."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Have you opened these files directly from email attachments?
    If so the files are read only and if you edit them and save them you may get this problem, though normally an error message will appear to tell you as you try to save the file.

Beans

These are files that I created and I can resave them at will.

Attached is what I get frequently:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Just grasping at straws here, but have you opened these files in a Windows installed version of OOo or LO that is different from the version in your Ubuntu installation?