Thread: 14.04 LTS Acer Aspire V11 Touch Wireless stops working after closing laptop lid

Beans

14.04 LTS Acer Aspire V11 Touch Wireless stops working after closing laptop lid

Hi guys,

I have had this problem for a while but still unable to solve or find anyone with similar problem. My wireless works fine until the moment I close the lid and open it again. Afterwards, I have to delete the current wireless connection, restart the laptop and put the passwords again to reconnect. It was a bit troublesome using this temporary solution so I want to ask if there is anything I could do to solve this problem permanently?

Moreover, I only have this problem with my home internet, I have used my school internet and public internet and they run without any issue. I think I might have encountered the same issue when running Window 8 on this same laptop. There was a guide to solve this problem permanently but I could not translate it into a solution for Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: 14.04 LTS Acer Aspire V11 Touch Wireless stops working after closing laptop lid

Please show the outputs of these commands:
    Code:
    lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
    lsmod