Thread: synaptic no history

Beans

synaptic no history

At least here synaptic either doesn't keep a history or if it does it doesn't display anything

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: synaptic no history

I see the same here. Time (to search) for a bug report?

Edit: You've already done it - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...c/+bug/1471445
    Last edited by PaulW2U; July 4th, 2015 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Add link to bug report

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

+1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

The logs are being created in /root/.synaptic/log, just not viewable in synaptic

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

+1
    Same here.

I had not noticed this before; is it something that has just happened, or has it been like this from the start?

EDIT:
    I have just looked again, and searched for something I know I have installed using synaptic, and noticed the message that it was found. It looks as if the left hand pane is just narrow and invisible, and I have just dragged the pane division to the right and full history is visible again.

Unfortunately it looks as if you have to do this every time you use it as the pane-divider moves far left after a restart of synaptic.

Give it a try! I hope I'm right and it works for all of you as well.
    Last edited by ajgreeny; July 4th, 2015 at 08:31 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    +1
    Same here.

I had not noticed this before; is it something that has just happened, or has it been like this from the start?

EDIT:
    I have just looked again, and searched for something I know I have installed using synaptic, and noticed the message that it was found. It looks as if the left hand pane is just narrow and invisible, and I have just dragged the pane division to the right and full history is visible again.

Unfortunately it looks as if you have to do this every time you use it as the pane-divider moves far left after a restart of synaptic.

Give it a try! I hope I'm right and it works for all of you as well.

Good eye.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    +1
    It looks as if the left hand pane is just narrow and invisible, and I have just dragged the pane division to the right and full history is visible again.

I should have checked..
    Seems it's a new variation on the gtk3 issue that started in 14.04 or so. Though before the dates area was just small, you could see at least part of the date. (- If you have have a 14.04 or 14.10 install you can see what I mean, never checked in 15.04
    So in the case of 14.04 to see full dates you'd need to expand every time, for 15.10 the same deal, pulling over is not persistent

Will adjust bug, forget if I ever filed one in 14.04, probably not.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release