Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conky

Chanath is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Conky

What about the ~/.conky-weather folder etc?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I don't recommend using conky version 1.10 myself.

It probably has it's pluses but it doesn't contain the $pre_exec command and probably others that VinDSL's conky uses to pull some information.

I had to get the deb file from here http://pkgs.org/download/conky-all and use Ubuntu Sofware Center to install it. But if you just lock it in SPM, it will still upgrade the next time you do an upgrade.

You have to do this to get it to actually lock the version:

Code:
    sudo apt-mark hold conky-all
    I have this on both my Wily installs, my Mint 17.2 Rafaela install as well as my new Arch Linux install.

This is on Arch Linux: (4 conkys BTW)

But the cool thing about all of this is it's entirely up to you which version you use. I just thought I'd add my 2 shillings.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    I don't recommend using conky version 1.10 myself.

It probably has it's pluses but it doesn't contain the $pre_exec command and probably others that VinDSL's conky uses to pull some information.

I had to get the deb file from here http://pkgs.org/download/conky-all and use Ubuntu Sofware Center to install it. But if you just lock it in SPM, it will still upgrade the next time you do an upgrade.

You have to do this to get it to actually lock the version:

Code:
    sudo apt-mark hold conky-all
    I have this on both my Wily installs, my Mint 17.2 Rafaela install as well as my new Arch Linux install.

This is on Arch Linux: (4 conkys BTW)

But the cool thing about all of this is it's entirely up to you which version you use. I just thought I'd add my 2 shillings.
    Good Job cavsfan! Thanks for your 2 shillings worth that sorted out my problems, No More windows around conky.
    I would not have noticed that conky got a new version untill you made mention of it.

I owe you a Beer or an Iced Tea!
    Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by runrickus View Post
    Good Job cavsfan! Thanks for your 2 shillings worth that sorted out my problems, No More windows around conky.
    I would not have noticed that conky got a new version untill you made mention of it.

I owe you a Beer or an Iced Tea!
    Regards
    Always glad to help! My VinDSL conky displays the conky version. That is how I found out.

I'm using own_window_type override on Arch which I couldn't do with Ubuntu. I have to use own_window_type normal and own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager there.

Also in Arch you have to set the window hints up in CCSM Window Rules like this:

Screenshot_2015-07-09_13-35-37.png

I need to go see how my 2 Wily installs are doing. I see we're into the alpha1 stage on Wily. I have the exact same conkys on all 4 systems.

Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Always glad to help! My VinDSL conky displays the conky version. That is how I found out.

Cheers
    I have been chasing my tail for 2 Days Now When a simple line of code would of helped.
    Code:
    apt-cache policy conky-all
    Some tester I am Sheesh! The Older I get the better I was.
    Regards

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by runrickus View Post
    I have been chasing my tail for 2 Days Now When a simple line of code would of helped.
    Code:
    apt-cache policy conky-all
    Some tester I am Sheesh! The Older I get the better I was.
    Regards
    LoL! Thanks for my daily funny LoLoL! You should try installing Arch if you want to test yourself!

You start out with a text based system and slowly build it from looking at an app called Arch Wiki on your cell phone.

Noticed the 4.0 kernel finally hit Wily and nary a glitch.

Code:
    cavsfan@cavsfan-MS-7529:~$ uname -a
    Linux cavsfan-MS-7529 4.0.0-4-generic #6-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 30 20:49:28 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Pretty smooth and then I looked at my Galaxy S6 phone and it has the 5.0.2 kernel lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12