Thread: Ubuntu 14.04.2 not working on Macbook pro 12,1 (Early 2015)

Beans

Ubuntu 14.04.2 not working on Macbook pro 12,1 (Early 2015)

I tried to live boot into Ubuntu using a bootable USB but whenever I do, there are always problems with the GUI. The dialogue boxes would be empty, and whenever I open terminal the text would be all messed up. When I click the settings button on the top right corner, the box shows up but it's empty. Here is a picture:
    I read that others have gotten 12,1 to work with 15.04 but I would prefer to use 14.04. The same USB does not have any problems on 11,1. Any tips?

Thanks

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 14.04.2 not working on Macbook pro 12,1 (Early 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by alex409 View Post
    I tried to live boot into Ubuntu using a bootable USB but whenever I do, there are always problems with the GUI. The dialogue boxes would be empty, and whenever I open terminal the text would be all messed up. When I click the settings button on the top right corner, the box shows up but it's empty. Here is a picture:
    I read that others have gotten 12,1 to work with 15.04 but I would prefer to use 14.04. The same USB does not have any problems on 11,1. Any tips?

Thanks
    @alex:

Did you check the md5sum number of the file? If the number doesn't match it might mean the file is "corrupted" and might show up in strange ways . . . ????

e..