Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video Programs Crash - with either Oracle or OpenJDK JAVA

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Video Programs Crash - with either Oracle or OpenJDK JAVA

The third line of your error log indicates that either the drive is balking because of the medium or Ubuntu is balking because of the drive.

Is the drive +R or -R? Are the DVDs +R or -R? Are they R or RW? In most cases, +R devices will still write to -R and vice versa, but that is not always the case. Brasero may have problems regardless of the device.

I use Kubuntu and so I use K3b. I don't have any problems writing across formats.

Anyway, the question is, in short: Are you using the correct media for your device?

I don't think Java should have anything to do with it, but since you noticed the issue after installing it, have you tried uninstalling both Oracle Java and Open JDK?
    Last edited by QIII; July 24th, 2015 at 04:38 PM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Thanks for the Reply QIII.
    No I haven't tried uninstalling Java. I need it on a daily basis to Trade via my Broker supplied Platform which uses Java.

As for the device, as previously mentioned, is a LG 24X Super Multi DVD Writer Model GH24NSBO, and Reads / Writes to DVD -/+ R or R/W media. My DVDs are -R Verbatim. Just used Brasero to Copy a DVD. No problem. The problem seems only to be when a program such as DVDStyler, KdenLive, or K3B goes to RENDER a compilation. As soon as it starts the rendering phase ... they crash!

Too bad, too sad - I was loving UbuntuStudio ! ! !

Still stumped!?! Any suggestions?

Rick

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

I'm still trying to solve this problem. I use KdenLive and K3b on my Laptop with no problem, but it is much slower than my Desktop.

Any suggestions?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123