Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In your opinion, what is the best game you have played?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: In your opinion, what is the best game you have played?

Well after Super Mario, Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater.
    Behold! The internet...
    My god, it's full of ads.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Scheun View Post
    Im looking for new games since im already finished with Minecraft, Terraria, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, and Cat Clicker (lol)
    What is your favorite game?
    Buy Tropico 5 for whatever platform you've got. It's like Sim City but you're a dictator of a small and fictitious South American Island. Great political humour and the funniest voice actors I've heard in a video game since Clayfighter on Nintendo 64. I grew up with Dune ii and Tiberian Sun and I don't mind playing a city building sim on console. Try it and spread the word! Tropico is mainly available via digital download (averages about 5GB, obviously not enough to fill a bluray).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    Since I have old PC I am mostly into old games. my favourite ones are Morrowind, X-Com: Terror from the deep and Ultima Underworld, NBA 2000, UT2004.

From newer ones I especially liked those Total war series and Galactic civilizations II and Stalker series. Civ 4 is not bad as well. I also play LoL.

I haven't had time to play Skyrim yet. I also missed out on Fallout series and a few oldies i still intend to play such as Gothic series and System Shock. I just don't have the time anymore. at best I have 30 mins to play some LoL.

But lately I've reserved the 30 mins a day for a replay of Arx Fatalis (which is basically a tribute to Ultima Underworld).
    Elder Scrolls Online FTW! For nostalgia sake Ill say that Morrowind is my fav though.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyBuntu View Post
    Of all time?

The Half Life series.
    Great game series.

I am new to Ubuntu, are you guys playing all these games on Ubuntu?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

i play on Linux but i think the ones i mentioned can easilly be played in UButnu. i know morrowind runs well. Oblivion is also platinum in wine.

i am not sure i am even remotelly interested in TES online, mostly because if i did want to play TES with someone else i would like to play it with select few not with a crowd. also i was hoping they owuld improve their AI to be what they wanted it to be in oblivion. with MMO games there is not much need for an AI - it is also difficult to make it work with all the normal "inteligence" arround.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by vq1 View Post

I am new to Ubuntu, are you guys playing all these games on Ubuntu?
    Half life is available for linux on steam, so yes.

Kerbal Space Program wasn't mentioned here yet, it's a wonderful game and available for linux on steam / on the kerbalspaceprogram website.

And anyone who played Dungeon Master (or eye of the beholder or any of the spin offs / sequels) back in the day is going to love Legend of Grimrock, also available for linux on steam.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I don't game much but I spent unholy amount of hours on Diablo 2
    Esos son mis 2 centavos.

Beans

The Thief series with the exception of the last one released in 2014 which is a pile of manure.
    The Witcher series.

Beans

If your looking for MMOs, Ryzom still has better graphics than MineCraft, and runs better on Linux than Windows IMO. The only thing I really don't like about that game is their business model. However, if I can find people more experienced/talented than myself that would be interested in showing them how it's done, I have a few ideas since most of it is open source and creative commons now.
    Last edited by DCO; July 5th, 2015 at 07:21 PM.

Beans

The Fallout Series is beautiful, I've logged about 1k hours on fallout 3, I'm currently playing through 1,2 and 3 again before 4 comes out.

Beans

I guess by best I interpret that as played the most or had most fun with. That would probably be a tie between lord of the rings online (before any expansion packs), halo 1-3 but especially the first one before xbox live was out and I would system link with friends and had a blast.

Runner ups would be the command and conquer series, especially red alert 2, battle for middle earth (the first one), stronghold series, rome total war, pharaoh, grand theft auto vice city, FIFA, street fighter 4, and the rock band series.

Nowadays I don't really play much anymore, just get bored easily with them, it's really odd actually.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast