Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proton mail free encrypted email

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Proton mail free encrypted email

Privacy should be available for everyone, any time, as default. Automated analysis is one of the tools of mass surveillance, which is a threat against vital human rights, i.e. free thinking, free speech, political freedom (activism, opposition etc).

Therefore, "You don't need it if you don't do anything immoral or illegal" approach is also dangerous, as it trivializes importance of privacy.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Protonmail is working for me so far as my junk account. I've started using that instead of my junk Gmail account so that will die a natural death, but a slow one.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ryu kun View Post
    Therefore, "You don't need it if you don't do anything immoral or illegal" approach is also dangerous, as it trivializes importance of privacy.
    True privacy on the Internet is an illusion. You are in an open space like one big Central Park. Probably better not to use a computer in this case and go back to typing machines. Your data is out there, from your internet provider, browser and albeit your email are apparently encrypted in the Swiss mountains with ProtonMail, chances are the NSA is aware of them. They probably can and do see you. Why would they accept defeat by these mainstream post-Snowden services, when there may be some treasure troves hidden on these servers? Privacy is important but when you are out there on the streets, you're not alone and the possiblity of preying eyes is always there.
    Last edited by night_sky2; August 12th, 2015 at 08:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12