Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: held packages

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: held packages

Quote Originally Posted by v3.xx View Post
    No not the case. Running marco and the org.gnome.metacity theme setting does not apply. Maybe a screenshot would better explain.
    Attachment 262929
    The other tabs work, just the "Window Border" cannot be changed.

When I start compiz from terminal I get this:
    Code:
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: staticswitcher
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: staticswitcher
    compiz (decor) - Warn: No default decoration found, placement will not be correct
    compiz (decor) - Warn: No default decoration found, placement will not be correct
    This may not be the desired result you want, but may I suggest Emerald theme manager?
    How to
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:noobslab/themes
     sudo apt-get update
     sudo apt-get install emerald
    There is still a good selection of themes on gnomelook.org or deviant art.
    If you decide for that option to call emerald
    Code:
    emerald --replace
    Which of course can be added in startup applications
    Or added to ccsm under Window decorations>commands>"emerald --replace &"
    I added a screeny
    Kind Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Sorry Double post waited for about 7 mins waiting for the post to take which has been going for a week or more
    Not complaining just mention.
    I know this is not the desired result you are looking for, But may I suggest Emerald Theme Manager.
    To install Emerald
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:noobslab/themes

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install emerald
    To call emerald
    Code:
    emerald --replace
    If you decide that is something you want you can add to startup applications or ad to ccsm
    Window decorations>command>emerald --replace & I added some screenshots to aide if needed
    Kind Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by QDR06VV9; June 29th, 2015 at 11:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

No not the case. Running marco and the org.gnome.metacity theme setting does not apply. Maybe a screenshot would better explain.
    Attachment 262929

When I start compiz from terminal I get this:
    Code:
    compiz (core) - Info: Loading plugin: staticswitcher
    compiz (core) - Info: Starting plugin: staticswitcher
    Just try to change org.gnome.metacity theme to name you want to set...

GNOME has org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences theme setting that was used for "Window Border". In 3.16 mutter switcher to use GTK+ theme so org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences theme setting is unused by GNOME. That means it will be removed in future. I decided to "move" theme setting to org.gnome.metacity in 3.16 not wait until it will be removed. So metacity 3.16 and newer will ignore org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences theme setting and use only org.gnome.metacity theme.

I am guessing that you are running gtk-window-decorator (compiz), right? It used to use org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences theme, but since it will be removed I decided to update gwd too - so it now use org.gnome.metacity theme to get theme for windows borders (and it makes sense since you can not get metacity theme support without metacity).

In your screenshot you just change theme for windows borders... It is 99.99% that it changes org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences theme setting, but it is now ignored by gtk-window-decorator. At this moment your only option is to used dconf-editor or gsettings from terminal to update theme settings with desired theme under org.gnome.metacity.

Beans

Seems to work fine here in Appearance Preferences > Customize > any of the window borders can be selected & it changes. This is with either marco or compiz
    Don't see point of switching to/starting compiz from terminal, works better from mate tweak menu, ie. retains the chosen window deco
    (- though can't see using marco over compiz anyway, at least here marco = h tearing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

@albertsmuktupavels
    Just try to change org.gnome.metacity theme to name you want to set...
    Yes, you are right. Changing the metacity theme will affect the compiz theme. So for now, thats my work-a-round.

@mc4man
    Seems to work fine here in Appearance Preferences > Customize > any of the window borders can be selected & it changes.
    Thats the way my 14o4 install works, but not wily. I think for now compiz is up and running, but still needing work.

Beans
    Hidden!

today's updates brings in new held package
    Code:
    The following packages have been kept back:
      usb-modeswitch-data
    Have not seen this one since trusty.
    Just reporting.
    regards

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234