Thread: WiFi will not connect

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

WiFi will not connect

New System76 Lemur Laptop. I can not get the WiFi to connect. I have tried to duplicate the settings from my Acer Netbook to the Lemur, but no luck in connecting. I have cleared all connections (all failed) and started anew several times. The WiFi incicator shows it is searching but it will not connect. I am using my netbook to write this via the WiFi connection. I am sitting in the same chair and the Acer will connect, my Wife's Kindle will connect, but my just received today System76 laptop will not connect. I have double check the pass phrase (which is rather long and sometimes errors will occur when entering it).

I sit missing a driver for the WiFi card or what.
    Using POP!_OS 20.04, which is basically Ubuntu 20.04 with some help from System76.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: WiFi will not connect

I would think you'd call System 76 for this one as it should still be under their support being so new.
    Last edited by kc1di; June 11th, 2015 at 11:14 AM.
    Wireless script
    Dave
    Registered Linux User #462608
    Morse Code an early Digital Mode.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: WiFi will not connect

I have been in contact with System76. They suggested to connect via Ethernet cable and check for any updates. I Connected, added a bunch of applications that I like on my computer, fiddled around for awhile, then decided to disconnect Ethernet. I then checked the WiFi since the laptop was within 20-inches of my WLAN. Well this time it connected. I do not know why it did, but the problem seems to be corrected. May just be part of the setup process working out over time.
    Using POP!_OS 20.04, which is basically Ubuntu 20.04 with some help from System76.