Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: SCRIPT: GrubED - GUI Grub editing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: SCRIPT: GrubED - GUI Grub editing. New version 17th September.

Hi onetwothree,

I wouldn't recommend using GrubEd these days - there are much more advanced grub boot editors available now. That said - if you still want to run GrubEd (there's no real reason why you shouldn't - just that it's not all that great compared to others available) - then Kubuntu might be causing you problems. Can you provide the actual error message you get, copied from the terminal?

Make sure the script is marked as executable before trying to run it:
    Code:
    chmod +x ./install

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: SCRIPT: GrubED - GUI Grub editing

Hi,

I am trying to install this and I keep getting "sudo: ./install: command not found" in the terminal. Am I doing something wrong? I would love to have this setup on my system. Thanks for posting!
    ...beware of the karate kid...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Sorry, I did figure it out on my own. thanks again!
    ...beware of the karate kid...

Beans

Hi!!

I'm new in Ubuntu and i'm still trying to adjust. For now I'll need W7 around and in my house it's need that it boots as default. I've tried two options, manually searching the menu.lst file in the grub folder and installing GrubED. Neither have worked, ¿what can I do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This program is quite old, and won't even work with GRUB2 (what Karmic and above use)

Beans

When i try to open the tar.gz file it says failed becuase i do not have rights

Beans

Angry Re: SCRIPT: GrubED - GUI Grub editing

i keep getting command not found when trying to install from terminal ... how do i get round this ... im a complete noobie ... can you help me you think ? btw im on ubuntu 10.04 ............

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tomosaur View Post
    When you receive the error message, is this an error message given by GrubEd, or is it an error message you receive when you boot your computer?

Sorry for the questions, I'm in the process of moving and my own computer is packed away for the time being, so it's difficult to test stuff. Added to this I'm going to be living on a boat all next week so I can't really help you out during that time.

From the information you just gave, it looks like everything should just work. Did you use the installer script to install GrubEd?
    Could someone explain how I use the CD command in the terminal. Can not get it to work.

Thanks
    Steve

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526