Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: SCRIPT: GrubED - GUI Grub editing

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: SCRIPT: GrubED - GUI Grub editing

A nice and simple script that does exactly what it says it does. A refreshing thing to be sure.
    Last edited by Kaobear; April 23rd, 2007 at 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: SCRIPT: GrubED - GUI Grub editing. New version 6th August.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomosaur View Post

You bunt to?:

It's perfectly possible, sure. The problem is in the fact that GrubEd is currently being used on a variety of distributions. The exact method of getting and installing zenity may vary depending on distribution. If you're using Ubuntu (ie, not Kubuntu or Xubuntu), then GrubEd should work fine without any extra setup.

If zenity is not installed on your system (you can check by typing 'dpkg -l zenity' in the terminal, or typing 'zen' and hitting tab twice, then checking the list of programs that is displayed. If zenity is not there, then you need to install it), then you can install it using the command Frak gave (provided you're using an Ubuntu variant).

If that command returns an error, then you need to install zenity from here:
    http://directory.fsf.org/zenity.html

I'll update the information in the help pages some time this week, though, and try to make the installation process a bit more 'automatic'. Thanks for the interest in GrubEd though
    Thanks! Your program worked like a dream!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Friggin' FANTASTIC!
    Too easy...
    Thank you!
    =D>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by bobbymack View Post
    Friggin' FANTASTIC!
    Too easy...
    Thank you!
    =D>
    Thanks for the kind words

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I dunno if you are still working with GrubEd (since the last messages are a year old!). I just wanted to thank you VERY much for this excellent work: it makes me wish to know more in order to (someday) give back something to the ubuntu community! THIS is the truly spirit of the whole open-source thing!
    I'll try to translate something, or make some art, or just get you guys some coffee..!
    Keep up the good work, Tomosaur!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ubunteador View Post
    I dunno if you are still working with GrubEd (since the last messages are a year old!). I just wanted to thank you VERY much for this excellent work: it makes me wish to know more in order to (someday) give back something to the ubuntu community! THIS is the truly spirit of the whole open-source thing!
    I'll try to translate something, or make some art, or just get you guys some coffee..!
    Keep up the good work, Tomosaur!
    :O They're not a year old, the last messages are only about a few days old! The first version was released August last year I think it was.

Anyway - I haven't done anything much on GrubEd recently, but that's only because I've been very busy with other things. I have a list of things that need to be fixed / improved in GrubEd, and once I'm free for the summer I should be able to get those done. I was also working on a Python version, but I had to put it on hold for a number of reasons, not least because the Ubuntu devs may be getting rid of Grub once Grub 2 is released.

Thanks for the encouragement though The good think about GrubEd is that as it's a script, you can just open it inside a text editor and see how it works. This should help you learn how scripting works at least - although I'm afraid I'm not a very tidy person, so if it looks messy, then you'll have to forgive me. One of the things I need to do to GrubEd is to tidy up the underlying script

Wink Re: SCRIPT: GrubED - GUI Grub editing

thanks so much for all your hard work! Finally got everything set up and I learned a lot as well. Works like a charm

Beans
    Distro

Ok, update is now available. The installer script will now tell you if zenity, or any of the other required programs, is missing. Unfortunately, it doesn't auto-download and install anything missing.

If you already have an older version of GrubEd, you will need to uninstall it before installing the new version. An uninstaller for the old version is provided in the download.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Question Re: SCRIPT: GrubED - GUI Grub editing

Ok I have been a avid Microsoft supporter and have been bata testing for them for years but recently I got so fed up with hang ups, glitches and the fact they are charging so much for Vista Ultimate is crazy. So I came across some cool video on YOUTUBE for Ubuntu 7 and loved it so I installed it on my second hard drive creating a dual boot. Everything installed perfectly and smoothly. I love it.

Now can someone please give me clear step by step instructions on how to install grubed............I downloaded the zip file and extracted it to my desktop in Ubuntu. Now when I read the install instructions in this thread I just dont get it. Please help me.

Brad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Yes I would also like to be able to use this program also only I can't figure out how to download/install it onto my computer (xubuntu) either.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast