Thread: How to get free ubuntu/linux stickers! Make your gadget beautiful for nary a penny!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

How to get free ubuntu/linux stickers! Make your gadget beautiful for nary a penny!

Assuming you have a printer (or access to one): double-sided sticky tape is your savior! Do a search (I use Google - other search services are available duh!) for "ubuntu stickers" or "linux stickers" or even "cute penguins"! You're bound to find *something* that'll suit ya! Print out the image(s) you like. Then use double-sided sticky tape to affix the pic to your laptop/gadget/whatever. Ta-dah! You have a sticker that shows the world you lurve Ubuntu/Linux/penguins, that will cost very little to create (yeah, the tape isn't free, the ink/printing isn't free, but it's near as dammit free so quite moaning and decorate your laptop! My laptop currently wears a variety of Discordian stickers, but I've got together a bunch of Linux pix that will declare to the world that I'm a "freetard" Linux Ubuntu fan! There are so many suitable images out there waiting for a make-over: I've attached a few, but if you exercise your fingers and do your own search you're bound to find a pic that says you love Ubuntu and you're proud of said love).

Do it peeps! Make your laptop easily as must-have as Gollum's precious! Yeahhh!

t0p

PS Problem with attachments for some godforsaken reason. But I'm sure you get the idea...
    Last edited by t0p; June 3rd, 2015 at 01:23 PM.
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How to get free ubuntu/linux stickers! Make your gadget beautiful for nary a penn

Like this:

and this:

(There's a bunch of crazy stuph too - just ask google/bing/whatever, he who seeks will find...)
    Last edited by t0p; June 3rd, 2015 at 01:20 PM.
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How to get free ubuntu/linux stickers! Make your gadget beautiful for nary a penn

Thanks t0p, have printed out the first image and ordered some D.S. sticky tape.

Will be great on my Desktop -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Agree with you there, t0p.

Been doing this for a while myself. One little tip; doesn't matter whether you print with plain paper or photopaper.....to make them waterproof, splashproof, etc,, after you've attached them to the double-sided tape, put a layer of single-sided clear tape on top. Then, stick 'em where you want 'em.

Makes them a wee bit more hardwearing!

Regards,

Mike.
    Last edited by Mike_Walsh; June 7th, 2015 at 09:28 PM.
    Compaq Presario SR1619UK, running Xubuntu & Puppies 'X-Slacko' & 'Slacko'
    Dell Inspiron 1100, running Xubuntu & Puppies 'TahrPup' & 'Precise'

IF
    the advice given has helped you, PLEASE have the courtesy to post back and say 'Thank you'..!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Sounds like a good idea maybe I'll try it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I did that and my computer looks awesome!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Looks worth the shot.
    Please mark the thread as ''solved'' if your query has been resolved.
    How to: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPo.../SolvedThreads