Beans

Question where are ldap headers?

I'm installed via
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install slapd ldap-utils
    , and
    Code:
    sudo apt-get dpkg-reconfigure slap
    d so that I can run a test ldap server and phpldapadmin in php but cannot get it to run. The error returned is 'Call to undefined function ldap_connect()' which indicates the php does not have the ldap extension installed.

My Ubuntu is 14.04 and I use phpbrew to manage my php installs. I've searched high and low for why phpldadadmin won't find the ldap extension.

I've also checked into the ldap-utils page but don't see where those files are deposited. Perhaps someone can show me what I'm not seeing.

My goal is to find the ldap libraries so phpbrew can find its headers and compile php with what I need. Since phpbrew cannot find them, I need help to finish this command:

Code:
    phpbrew ext install ldap  --  --with-ldap=....
    whereis ldap yields the following:
    ldap: /etc/ldap /usr/lib/ldap /usr/include/ldap.h /usr/share/man/man3/ldap.3.gz

I would have thought that /usr/lib/ldap would be the answer because it's filled with *.h files but phpbrew returns:
    Code:
    Command failed: ./configure --with-php-config=/home/sam/.phpbrew/php/php-5.4.33/bin/php-config >> /home/sam/.phpbrew/build/php-5.4.33/ext/ldap/build.log 2>&1 returns

Help me understand where the headers are for the ldap files I installed using apt-get, thanx, sam

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans

Re: where are ldap headers?

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    That one is the magic answer! Thx for finding it.