Thread: Display problem with Ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04 on Mac Air (7,2) (2015 release)

Beans

Question Display problem with Ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04 on Mac Air (7,2) (2015 release)

Dear everyone,

I am pretty new to Ubuntu system and I am trying to install Ubuntu 12.04 on my new Mac Air (7,2) (release on 2015). I did a pretty through search on google but I couldn't find any article talk about installing Ubuntu on this new Mac. Hence I decided to try installing Ubuntu 12.04 based on the approach described here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ma...elInstallation .

However after I selected "try Ubuntu" from my prepared USB sticker key and enter into Ubuntu system, I met the display problem. The monitor did show the Ubuntu desktop, however it failed to display any other information. Occasionally when moving the mouse, some fraction of the windows will pop out, but none of them are complete. I also try to install 14.04, but the same display problem exists.

Is anyone also met similar problem? Can someone points me to any useful resource about how to installing Ubuntu on the new Mac Air (7,2) ? Thanks !

Best,
    Jinchao
    Last edited by Jinchao_Lin; May 28th, 2015 at 01:10 AM.

Beans

Re: Display problem with Ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04 on Mac Air (7,2) (2015 release)

Same problem here.
    Sometimes icons appear, when the mouse hovers over them, but the installation wizard shows only the window frame, no content.