Thread: Send Audio from Ubuntu, to Windows 7.

Beans

Unhappy Send Audio from Ubuntu, to Windows 7.

I am a fairly new user to Ubuntu but I can make my way around linux and I am comfortable in terminal.

As the Title says, I am trying to send audio from ubuntu to windows 7.

Now I already have samba installed, I can access my windows files from linux, and my linux files from windows. I have my surround sound system set up and connected to my desktop windows computer, I am trying to send audio from my ubuntu laptop, to my windows 7 computer. After days of research (majority of them leading me to this site), ive decided to sign up and post.

Is there a way for me to do what I want? I already know about pulseaudio but i cannot figure out how to set it up on windows. Ive also tried jack, but I cant figure that out. If somebody could help me out that would be amazing.

If someone replies with an answer or a solution for me, please explain it to me step by step or link me to a video.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Send Audio from Ubuntu, to Windows 7.

Hi and welcome.

Sorry, I don't really understand what do you intend to do (and I doubt anyone else understands).
    Irrespective of the OS or OSs involved, why would you want to send audio from one to another? Considering you already have a working network shares configuration, is there something preventing you to reproduce whatever media you want in one or another, regardless of the computer where those files are? Is there something you aren't telling us?
    Galiza Nação!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Sorry, I don't really understand what do you intend to do (and I doubt anyone else understands).
    Play music from linux through windows is what I got from it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Play music from linux through windows is what I got from it.
    If so playing it in Windows, with Windows apps, from local or network shared files should do it. I still don't understand what's so difficult about this...
    Galiza Nação!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Vladlenin5000 View Post
    If so playing it in Windows, with Windows apps, from local or network shared files should do it. I still don't understand what's so difficult about this...
    They'll be back.