Thread: Weird networking issue

Beans

Weird networking issue

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my network and in extense with my web server.

The setup of the computers running on the network is 2 Ubuntu, 25 Windows and couple MacBooks. The issue is when Ubuntu #1 browses the Web server Ubuntu #2 can't establish a connection with the Web server and vice versa when Ubuntu #2 browses the Web server Ubuntu #1 doesn't connect, while all the other computers are working completely fine without even a loss of packet.

The problem is with this specific web server, the web hosting company and I checked the server's setup, firewalls etc, what could possibly be the problem?

If you shed some light I'd be grateful!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Weird networking issue

What is the hardware and driver in question for each?
    Code:
    sudo lshw -C network
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Sounds a lot like they both have the same IP address.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

I won't know anything until tomorrow, but If I am right the the IPs assisgned by the switch are different, however the problem is just with 1 specific web server, every other website is browsable simultaneously by both terminals. So I focused on webserver's setup, tomorrow I'm going to run some checks on switches and terminals on my side.

I'll let you know as soon as I know.