Thread: Freedroid RPG questions

Beans

Freedroid RPG questions

In the "Opening access to MS Office" quest, where is the area the control droid is in to complete that quest? How do I get there? I cleared out Machine Deck Lower catacombs, Machine deck control room..... Ahhh, found something - terminal at far corner of Machine deck control room. Changed password and disabled shield. Now what? Back up and out to very beginning of research area to see if there is a switch to throw in that little room off to the side at the very beginning?

Too much time on my hands

Beans

Re: Freedroid RPG questions

Is there anyplace I can get a desklamp to give to the woman in town who says it is too dark? A miner's helmet or lamp for miner's helmet just would not do for her.

Beans
    Hidden!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by R33D3M33R View Post
    That walkthrough is tiny. Presently, I am trying to find my way into Hell Fortress. I searched everywhere I can think of to use the MS Stock Certificate (proves I am an owner of the company with access priveledges) but WHERE do I use it?

Beans

Dixon says everything is better now, says "You will need a hacked computer, type ssh 10.83.13.230" as superuser." to see what he means. OK, where is a hacked computer?

Beans

Found the Update server Droid. If the entrance to MS office is on the east side and the restaurant is on the west side, then go south from Bill Gapes hideout, through the red brick wall, angling to the right and to the east, past the swimming pool, through the east side double doors. Immediately turn right and back north through the office area there. Turn left at the end of the blue green wall, going east again, and keep the blue green wall on your left shoulder. keep going when the wall turns red. Turn left at the red brick wall, going south now through the double doors and through the open single door to the left of the closed single door. The Control droid is in that little office area and the update server is actually just a gate switch but it is one of the few terminals in those seven cubicles. Now to find the gate it opened and the real update server.

Beans

Thanks for sharing your answers here! I'd like to point out that IRC is where the devs hang out, and it's often the better place to ask gameplay (and other) questions. Our room on Freenode is #freedroid.
    In the meantime:
    • After taking down the disruptor shield, you need to go back to Spencer to proceed.
    • The stock certificate is shown to a droid at the entrance to the Hell Fortress offices.
    • For the desk lamp, talk to Bruce, in the south-east corner of town.
    • About what Dixon says - that part of the game has never actually been implemented! The player currently has no way of checking what he's talking about. As with everything, contributions are welcome!
    • We added a new graphic for "important" terminals in the recent 0.16 version, so hopefully they'll be easier to spot in the sea of "normal" terminals.