Thread: How to select geograph. regions using certain climatological criteria

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question How to select geograph. regions using certain climatological criteria

It is possible to find load of climatological information on all sorts of countries and cities, but ...

... what I'd like to find: given a certain temperature wanted, an amount of rainfall wanted, what regions have this climate?

Example:
    I'd like to know which regions (in Europe) have an average daytime temperature between 24°C and 30°C, average less than 20 mm rainfall in the month of July?

And I would prefer a (geographically) detailed answer. Not: "France" and "Greece", but "the Southern coast of France", "the Greek islands", ...

Beans

Re: How to select geograph. regions using certain climatological criteria

Wikipedia provides climatological data for many cities, including cities on the southern coast of France, in the Greek Islands, etc.

I don't know of a single source (e.g., a table of Mediterranean seacoast cities) of the data you'd like to find, but by trying possible cities or areas and checking their climatological data, you could fairly quickly accumulate the kind of data you're seeking.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How to select geograph. regions using certain climatological criteria

Okay, I know. But what I would like is to have a queryable map where one could, for instance, find all places where the average november temperature is between 15°Celsius and 18°Celsius. And that I haven't yet seen.