Thread: Multi monitor settings

Beans

Multi monitor settings

Hi,

I am using lubuntu. I experience multi monitor support on lubuntu as poor. Even with Arandr I am not able to duplicate the horizontal panel bar like unity on ubuntu does automatically when extending the display by a second monitor. Can you give me tips/hints how I can achieve a similar effect on lubuntu?

Greetings

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Multi monitor settings

To establish dual monitors with LXDE, install Arandr from Synaptics. Arandr can set-up placement, orientation and resolution for each monitor. Before saving, set up the geometry of any horizontal panels. For a bottom panel across both monitors, align the bottoms of the displays as in the image on the right; for a top panel, align the tops.
    http://lxlinux.com/#14
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans

Hi Rex,

Thanks for your quick reply! In the following you can find two pictures to emphasize what I mean with "duplicate the horizontal panel bar". I arranged the two outputs exactly as suggested on the site. What I get is in deed a horizontal panel bar across both screens; but unfortunetely the panel applets on the bar are not duplicated.

Ubuntu Default:

Lubuntu current situation:

Last edited by jonathan82; May 5th, 2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: forgotten to upload images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Misunderstood. Can you right click the empty panel on the right monitor and make adjustments for it without effecting the left monitor panel? Unfortunately I cannot test because I only have one monitor.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans

Hi,

The panel is stretched on both screens. It behaves like one single panel. When I do adjustments (like adding a second task bar) it affects the whole panel. See this picture.

I cannot define two panels on the bottom of the display (one for each screen) because lxde does only allow one panel per direction. See this picture.