Thread: Lubuntu 14.04 or Lubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lubuntu 14.04 or Lubuntu 12.04

Hello,

i'm using Lubuntu 14.04 on an old ibook G4 1.2 GHz and i'm experiencing a lot of problem (cannot download files with firefox, cannot use addons or searchbox, cannot get volume to work and so on), so i'm thinking to downgrade to lubuntu 12.04, because i read on the Internet that this version has good reviews, what do you think about? can you share your experience?

Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Lubuntu 14.04 or Lubuntu 12.04

Lubuntu 12.04 is no longer supported so is not worth using, and I don't have any experience of using *Ubuntu OSs on any mac hardware so can't help with alternatives, I'm afraid.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

but Ubuntu 12.04 should be a Long Term Support till April 2017 (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases), why should Lubuntu not be supported any more?
    Can anyone share his/her experience with 12.04 on PPC?

Thanks!

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by caesar753 View Post
    but Ubuntu 12.04 should be a Long Term Support till April 2017 (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases), why should Lubuntu not be supported any more?
    Some of the flavours decide on shorter support periods for their LTS releases because their development teams are very small. Xubuntu is another flavour that decided not to support their 12.04 release for five years.

You'll still get updates for any packages shared with Ubuntu but any Lubuntu specific packages will not be updated.