Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Audio with output videos from OpenShot(and others)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

No Audio with output videos from OpenShot(and others)

I've used OpenShot as my basic video editor for some time under Manjaro and it always worked fine. Now with Ubuntu MATE' I get no audio on my edited videos with OpenShot and also Kdenlive gave no audio either. I've installed the extras(Blender and there was one other that slips my mind right now) with OpenShot. The videos have sound from the download and have sound in OpenShot if played but the exported vids have no sound what so ever. I've looked around on the interweb for the answer with none being found so now I"m asking the forum. Is there some other audio codec or something that I need to install with VLC to get video working with the exported OpenShot vids or what? Thanks.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

Beans
    Distro

Re: No Audio with output videos from OpenShot(and others)

Anyone? I'm going to do a Kali install on an external SSD drive that I have and then install OpenShot and see if it'll work there. If it does then it's got to be something about Ubuntu that's not letting the audio transfer out to the project, if it doesn't work under Kali then it'll have to be something to to with OpenShot. Either way I'd like to figure this out.

Beans
    Distro

Well, I edited some videos in Kali with OpenShot and still had sound after edit. Transfered the vids to Ubuntu MATE' and still had sound so it must be something about OpenShot within Ubuntu MATE' that's the issue and not OpenShot per say.

Beans

It may be a codec issue in ubuntu. Have you installed ubuntu-restricted-extras?

VLC and some other media apps like SMplayer install with their own codec libraries, so that shouldn't affect VLC playback.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Sayer View Post
    It may be a codec issue in ubuntu. Have you installed ubuntu-restricted-extras?

VLC and some other media apps like SMplayer install with their own codec libraries, so that shouldn't affect VLC playback.
    I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure what to install to fix the issue. I'll see about installing Ubuntu Restricted Extras and see if that'll resolve the problem. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

Well, that didn't help. I don't understand it. I can edit a video under Kali and move it to my Ubuntu MATE home folder then open Ubuntu MATE and it works perfectly but if I edit it under Ubuntu MATE there's no audio that comes through. Still, I think it has to be a codec or something but then why would it play under U-MATE with sound when edited under Kali but not when edited under U-MATE?

Beans

I don't know much about Kali Linux, but I suspect your problem lies there. Somehow I doubt the codec support is very good.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Sayer View Post
    I don't know much about Kali Linux, but I suspect your problem lies there. Somehow I doubt the codec support is very good.
    I think you misunderstood. OpenShot works 100% in Kali, my problem is with audio in exported videos that I cut with OpenShot under Ubuntu MATE. I checked both OpenShot folders in Kali and Ubuntu MATE and they're both the same and anything that I cut and export over the the Ubuntu MATE drive works fine just as it does in Kali. It's only when I cut and export a video in U-MATE that the audio doesn't come through. It's probably an audio codec that's missing in U-MATE but I don't even know where to start looking to see what it may be. I had hopped that someone else may have had a similar issue that they fixed and could lend that knowledge to me here.

Beans
    Distro

what is the mediainfo on the resulting video from openshot? i want to know the audio codec, whether it's mp3, aac, vorbis or what. also, have you tried a different rendering profile (different audio codec) within U Mate openshot?

Beans
    Distro

I've tried several audio codecs with no success. Also, something else I've noticed, may be nothing but the exported video under Ubuntu MATE has the volume in VLC turned down to zero on start up.
    Last edited by frank75; October 22nd, 2014 at 10:19 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast