Thread: Google calendar

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Cool Google calendar

Decided to try the built in calendar for the first time and now this pops up every-time I boot up:

how do I get rid of this? Even though I type in the correct password, Gmail rejects it and sends me notice that My mail account was intercepted.

BTW, is Evolution the standard calendar included with Ubuntu?
    Last edited by mayagrafix; March 30th, 2015 at 08:29 AM.
    Ubuntu 15.04/OS type: 64-bit/Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz × 4/Memory: 5.8 GiB/Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAICOS/Disk: 320 GB

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Google calendar

I don't use Ubuntu (I have Xubuntu instead) so I don't know what 'the built-in calendar' is. However if it is Evolution, then there are fairly recent instructions on how to sync Evolution with Google Calendar here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Sy...tion-calendars

Personally I use Thunderbird (which comes with Xubuntu as the default email client) and its calendar extension which is called Lightning. I find that Lightning syncs flawlessly with Google Calendar and is very easy to set up.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I would echo the above post.
    Thunderbird IMO is way more stable than Evolution, & you can add the package xul-ext-lightning, for your calendar.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Quote Originally Posted by amanchesterman View Post
    I don't use Ubuntu (I have Xubuntu instead) so I don't know what 'the built-in calendar' is
    Right. Should have started with the correct nomenclature, which is, Evolution.

As you can see, Evolution can be accessed from the Top Menu Bar under the Time and Date menu. I also have used the Lightning add on for Thunderbird but have migrated to on line calendars as of late because they are available to me even when I'm away from my workstation. However, thanks for the link and instructions.
    Ubuntu 15.04/OS type: 64-bit/Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz × 4/Memory: 5.8 GiB/Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAICOS/Disk: 320 GB