Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What web browser do you use?

Beans

Re: What web browser do you use?

FYI, Netflix now works in Chrome natively on Linux. I didn't have to do any hacks or change any preferences. I'm now using Firefox as my main browser and Chrome just for Netflix.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Google Chrome 44!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by montag dp View Post
    FYI, Netflix now works in Chrome natively on Linux. I didn't have to do any hacks or change any preferences. I'm now using Firefox as my main browser and Chrome just for Netflix.
    Hopefully Netflix will upgrade it's web player to HTML5 at some point. They are still working on it.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quite a selection, in fact. Chromium on my old Dell lappie (version 36, but with the current, up-to-date Pepperflash plugin: 18.0.0.223). 44 runs a bit on the slow side with only 1 GB of DDR1 RAM & a P4!

Chrome and Firefox on my big, Compaq tower PC (depending on what I want to do).

And I've been experimenting with Slimboat in recent weeks, as a secondary browser for the Dell.

Regards,

Mike.
    Compaq Presario SR1619UK, running Xubuntu & Puppies 'X-Slacko' & 'Slacko'
    Dell Inspiron 1100, running Xubuntu & Puppies 'TahrPup' & 'Precise'

IF
    the advice given has helped you, PLEASE have the courtesy to post back and say 'Thank you'..!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Oh there's so many! The default one in my distro is Seamonkey and it's super awesome for it's simplicity. My parents say it's like Thunderbird and Firefox used to be when this old hand-me-down ran Windows XP, and from everything I have read, it's alot faster and easier on old computers than it's Mozilla counterparts.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Baby_Jamie View Post
    Oh there's so many! The default one in my distro is Seamonkey and it's super awesome for it's simplicity. My parents say it's like Thunderbird and Firefox used to be when this old hand-me-down ran Windows XP, and from everything I have read, it's alot faster and easier on old computers than it's Mozilla counterparts.
    +1 And there is so much more under the hood IE:HTML editor and creator etc etc.
    Tweak to your hearts content.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Regards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123