Thread: this thread doesn't belong in the jail

Beans
    Hidden!

this thread doesn't belong in the jail

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=226259

it violates no rules and as kiwinz suggested in this thread, http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=226793 he jailed it because he thought it might eventually violate rules...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwinz
    Trust me I have been doing this for more years I care to remember. That thread would have been a mess very fast .
    it may have eventually, but i doubt it. to me, the thread seemed to be intended as a light-hearted satire. at any rate, it hadn't violated any rules yet and did not yet belong in the jail (unless, of course, it contained WMDs).

i don't think pre-emptive strikes are inkeeping with the rules of this forum, nor the ubuntu code. i was once unfairly accused of trolling by another mod and it just got on my nerves (the turnout of the thread proved that mod to be very wrong). but, there are people who would be very put off by such treatment and i think that goes well against the intent of making all feel welcome.

Beans

Re: this thread doesn't belong in the jail

Fuscia ,thank you for taking the time to post this .
    I have reviewed your post and the thread in question and I accept what you are saying.

I have moved the thread out of the jail and put it in the backyard with an amended thread title.

Lets hope the thread proves my first decision to jail it wrong .
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Fuscia ,thank you for taking the time to post this .
    I have reviewed your post and the thread in question and I accept what you are saying.
    thank you.

I have moved the thread out of the jail and put it in the backyard with an amended thread title.
    the only thing i would disagree with is amending the thread title and only because it somewhat defeats the satirical nature that i perceive in the thread. (picture, if you will, a smiley-face edition of swift's a modest proposal and you may see what i mean.) just a matter of style, i guess.

it's nice to see that you are open to amending your decisions.

Beans

I see your point about the title , I thought about that .

In the souless cyber world its very hard to pick up satire without that face to face interaction. Some folks just dont see satire when its in type.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    In the souless cyber world its very hard to pick up satire without that face to face interaction. Some folks just dont see satire when its in type.
    some of us are even less animated in person. i get tired of people asking me if i'm still awake.