Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gnome3 at login Abiword always starts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Gnome3 at login Abiword always starts

When I login to a Gnome3 session Abiword always starts even though i have checked and it is not listed in "gnome-session-properties". I cant tell if this is a bug in 15.04 or just a misconfiguration on my machine.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Gnome3 at login Abiword always starts

Have a look in ~/.cache/sessions and if there are lots of session files delete them and try again.

I do not know gnome 3 but check that when you shutdown it is not configured to remember the session and use it next time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Have a look in ~/.cache/sessions and if there are lots of session files delete them and try again.

I do not know gnome 3 but check that when you shutdown it is not configured to remember the session and use it next time.
    This did not stop it from autolaunching.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Same thing happened to me, and using Unity and not Gnome. Since I was not using abiword I just unistalled and it was gone, but I couldn't figure out what was causing it, it was not in the list of applications autostart.
    Catalan Team: Tingueu presents les normes d'or : poseu un títol entenedor i apropiat ; digueu quina versió i variant d'Ubuntu feu servir i a quina màquina; i què heu provat abans de demanar ajut. Si s'ha resolt, marqueu [Solved].

Beans

Just noticed this myself and found an existing bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...d/+bug/1432271

Beans

didn't get fixed till now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

This has got to be the best gnome3-shell yet. haven't had , nor do I have that problem. I have nurtured this install from very begining and there have not been hardly any problmes with exception of nVidia proprietary but nouveau suffices excellently.

Regards..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    This has got to be the best gnome3-shell yet. haven't had , nor do I have that problem. I have nurtured this install from very begining and there have not been hardly any problmes with exception of nVidia proprietary but nouveau suffices excellently.

Regards..
    Do you have Abiword installed? It's not by default, but I started using Abiword clear back around the Win ME and Lindows era ............... imagine going back to dial-up

Anyway none of the other word processors are able to read or convert all those years of Abiword docs so I need it. I need to cross-check with Lubuntu since it's one of their default apps, but I haven't been able to install Lubuntu lately.

Beans

It doesn't auto-launch in Ubuntu Mate, but it displays an ugly black border which I don't get in either Ubuntu or Ubuntu GNOME.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    Do you have Abiword installed? It's not by default, but I started using Abiword clear back around the Win ME and Lindows era ............... imagine going back to dial-up

Anyway none of the other word processors are able to read or convert all those years of Abiword docs so I need it. I need to cross-check with Lubuntu since it's one of their default apps, but I haven't been able to install Lubuntu lately.
    No , not on ubuntu unity but I think it is by default on lubuntu and xubuntu and I do not have those problems there either.

'dial-up'

Those were the days ! I had two lines, 2 BBSes and everything was free, (FIDO NET and WWIV and any other network with a modem).

ahhh .. sigh ... but onwards and upwards..

edit... libre' usually reads most anything from old win95 .

Regards..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast