Thread: Scanning from network connected HP Printer/Scanner not working

Beans
    Hidden!

Scanning from network connected HP Printer/Scanner not working

Hi,

Something I was able to do very easily some months ago now doesn't want to work. I have a HP Photosmart Plus connected to the home network via wireless and I can still add it as a printer very easily from within Ubuntu 14.04.2. But now when I try and scan Simple Scan just continues to have a spinning circle icon and never scans. It doesn't seem like the scanner is being picked up. The only differences that I can see from the previous time when it worked until now is that the upgrade to the .2 point release happened and also I have added a Samsung Printer on the network also connected via wifi. Both printers are detected and set up fine via the "Add Printer" utility.

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome.

edit: Oh just for some more info: The scanner/printer is a HP Photosmart Plus B209b and the Samsung is a M2020 for what it's worth.
    Last edited by sffvba[e0rt; March 9th, 2015 at 04:58 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Scanning from network connected HP Printer/Scanner not working

Well I got it to work when I used the HP Setup tool to add the printer and not the add printer utility that comes with Ubuntu (strange I had to do it this way now and not previously).