Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you and I'm on good behavior from now on

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Thank you and I'm on good behavior from now on

This is my second and last chance.

Elfy approved my request to rejoin the Ubuntu Forums for the second and last time. In the past few years, I committed some infractions against the terms of service and Ubuntu Code of Conduct for which I deeply regret. I have learned my hard lessons and I have sought extensive counseling for my diagnosed medical condition and I am well again.

This time, I reread the terms of service and Ubuntu Code of Conduct very carefully and I will certainly do my best to adhere to them all of the time. I have rehabilitated myself through the love and support of family members, relatives, and close friends over the past few years and I can certainly say that I am a different middle aged man.

I will do my best to show Ubuntu or humanity toward others as diligently as possible. To that end, I will refrain from posting blog style threads and posts and I will reduce my participation within the Ubuntu Forums sharply. If I need help or technical support, then I will contact System76 first and foremost. If they can not help me, then I will turn to the Linux Mint forum. As a last resort, I will turn here.

To those that have read my previous posts and outlandish behavior at times, please forgive me and give me a second chance to mend fences with you. To those that do not know me well, please give me a chance to start off on the right foot with you.

Thank you to the Ubuntu Forums administrators and moderators for giving me a second chance. I hope to not let you down and disappoint you again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Thank you and I'm on good behavior from now on

To misquote "The World According to Garp" : In the end we are all edge cases.

Welcome back!
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans

I have read many of your posts. as is true in all facets of life some i agreed with , some i didnt, As I get Older (im 58) I realize more and more how smart My Father is and that even at 95 he gets smarter
    every day.
    A few rules I have learned over the years.

Stay true to your beliefs
    Choose your battles wisely. a rule I have used since Nixon was President is " if it aint worth killin for it aint worth fightin over." That can be applied to all situations and arguements.
    Some people are so set in their ways and beliefs that they do not want to be confused with facts. As A student of religious history I could expound on this endlessly. But as the rules forbid that .......
    avoid stupid people. There have always been and always will be people whos only goal is to start fights and then hide. Or just do as much damage to others as they can then split.
    Document, document, document. I have diabetes. i have learned the value of documentating every thing. This could also prove the old adage " if you cant dazzle them with your briliance baffle them with your BS."

one other fact i have noticed , Moderators and admins usually cant see the difference between argument and spirited debate. if that occurs take it private.

CARPE DIEM.
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.

In service to the Dream

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I'll keep those old adages in my mind. What I noticed in the past with my former behavior is that I was the idiot who wanted to pick a fight with others based on previous work experiences. Time has changed me and I realize that there are very few topics worth getting banned for permanently.

I don't know how many forum members here visit the Linux Mint forum, but that's where you'll find me most active. I have a fear of becoming more active here at Ubuntu Forums because I don't want to infract upon the rules and get myself banned permanently again.

So, if you want to have a discussion with me, then go to the Linux Mint forum. None of the administrators or moderators over there have warned me about my blog posting style or any infraction upon their rules yet. I don't feel as comfortable with this community here at Ubuntu Forums and I can't shake that gut feeling that this is not a good place for me to contribute much more else either.

One of these days, I plan to get a second high end gaming or multimedia notebook PC. So long as I reach each of my monthly savings targets, I should be able to afford either a 2015 Apple MacBook Pro 15" with Retina display with a nVidia Geforce GTX 950M with 2.0 GB GDDR5 video RAM GPU or a System76 15.6" gaming notebook PC. When I purchase either one of them, then I will post my impressions and my review at both the Linux Mint and Ubuntu Forums especially if I do get the System76 notebook PC. That's the only reason why I would want to share any more information and contribute to the Ubuntu Forums in the future.

Otherwise, I think it is best that I don't post threads or reply to threads here. I think that I'm going to just lurk in the background and read threads and posts for the majority of the time. I'm happy with my Ubuntu desktop operating system and I have enough technical skills and experiences to manage most problems by myself. I'll let others post threads and replies to topics of interest while taking a back seat view.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by stalkingwolf View Post
    ... Moderators and admins usually cant see the difference between argument and spirited debate. if that occurs take it private.
    It can be either as long as it stays within the bounds set by our CoC.

I for one am always glad to see people partake in the forum as it is variety that makes up the flavour of life and I wish all users well that use the forum for work or play

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

welcome back

Beans

I just try to keep my posts impersonal.

How I see it. If you appreciate a forum community, embody the community you want it to continue attracting. A healthy forum community is like a fragile ecosystem. If it deteriorates, there may not be another to take its place.

Beans

The mods have trained me well

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I haven't a clue, what your infraction(s), were/was about; except I am guessing it is about System76, maybe ...

You've responded well, and now just move on. Here, I mean. And relax. It will be of no value to you or anyone else, if you are too tense, to be you. No doubt, If I was around more, I would enjoy your postings. I'm sure others' have similar sentiments. You are obviously very articulate, and have abilities that enhance the forums.

Stay close.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Welly Wu View Post
    I don't know how many forum members here visit the Linux Mint forum, but that's where you'll find me most active.
    I am a member of the moderation team there, not under this name though. I think I've seen some names here who are also members of the LM forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Welly Wu View Post
    None of the administrators or moderators over there have warned me about my blog posting style or any infraction upon their rules yet.
    Probably because -- AFAIK -- nobody has reported if your posting style (blogging in a forum?) annoys them, although I did notice you posted a lot under one thread in the Introduce yourself section.

We don't have anything specific about topics being posted as if they are blogs, but you may need to keep in mind if your blogging style is appropriate in a support forum, or if setting up a dedicated blog site is better. Maybe a topic under Open Chat, name it "Welly Wu's musings" or something might work out for you. As for the other issues, naturally you'll need to abide by our forum rules as well.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.
    Last edited by Pinoy Tux; March 9th, 2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Give a man a ghoti, and he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to ghoti, and he'll eat for life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast