Thread: About to purchase a portable toucscreen device and need Ubuntu compaitbility

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

About to purchase a portable toucscreen device and need Ubuntu compaitbility

Hi, I'm very familiar with Ubuntu, been running it for the last 10+ years. But I'm about to purchase a lightweight touchscreen computer/tablet/netbook thing similar to (but this is just one option) an Asus T100TA and it needs to be compatible with Ubuntu before I spend money on the hardware. This is my first time trying touchscreen with Ubuntu and I know Ubuntu Touch isn't quite released yet. Are there good options available? Are there any places like System76 that will sell a guaranteed-to-work system pre-installed?
    What makes a great open source contributor is not primarily the brilliance of their ideas or importance of their bug, but rather their willingness to see it through to success.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: About to purchase a portable toucscreen device and need Ubuntu compaitbility

You should search this forum. I did that and found several threads dealing with this device.

Also, unless Canonical has changed their position, they don't EVER plan on distributing Ubuntu Touch for public consumption, only to vendors to include on their phones/tablets.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.