Thread: Installing Open Stack with TripleO

Beans

Installing Open Stack with TripleO

I've been working with Open Stack for a few years, but I've never done a deployment using Triple O. I thought I'd start a thread documenting the installation process, in case some other users might benefit from it.

First step is to install Ubuntu 14.04. Once that's done, install qemu, openvswitch, libvirt, python-libvirt, openssh-server and qemu-kvm.

The download is massive, nearly seven gigabytes. In order to facilitate the transfer from my laptop to the server hardware, I sliced up the download into 25mb chunks using 7zip. I also created parity archives using quickpar, in the event that any of the pieces aren't 100% valid.

Beans

Re: Installing Open Stack with TripleO

I spent some time getting ntp configured properly. Here's some things to look out for:

1) Have a reliable ntp server
    2) Verify connectivity to that ntp server

I was seeing some random failures in the installation process, which were cause by issues with ntp.

Beans

Re: Installing Open Stack with TripleO

While installing Triple O, I ran into some issues. Being able to destroy the seed VM and the network bridge on the seed VM host comes in handy. Here's how I did it:

virsh destroy seed
    virsh undefined seed
    virsh net-undefined brbm
    virsh net-destroy brbm
    ovs-vsctl del-br brbm
    ovs-vsctl emer-reset
    ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0