Thread: dvd::rip - Don't know how to rip Iron Man 2... too much to choose from

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

dvd::rip - Don't know how to rip Iron Man 2... too much to choose from

Backing up my DVDs. If you look at the attached screenshot of V for Vendetta, you can see there's no problem which title from the table of contents to choose - there are only 6 items, and only number 1 is anywhere long enough to be the film.

But trying to back up Iron Man 2... well, in the screenshot you can see there are 99 items, and most of them are long enough. But I've had random stabs at them and none of them contain the whole film. None of them gets to the end of the film, as far as my random stabs have revealed.

I've tried watching the titles, to see which one I want. But dvd::rip gives me a mplayer window playing the film, and no apparent controls (so I can't fast-forward through it).

Help? Cheers.

EDIT: Insufficient googling before posting. Shame on me. I found a VLC trick here that may help identify the track I want and so defeat the DRM attempts of the wicked movie company! I will report back with status. PLEASE NOTE: I'm not pirating here (I don't even own a ship in which to sail the seven seas); merely backing up a movie that I have already bought. Piracy is bad. Naughty pirates! Hands off my pieces of eight!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by t0p; February 15th, 2015 at 11:13 PM.
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: dvd::rip - Don't know how to rip Iron Man 2... too much to choose from

Yes, I found the answer to my own question at
    Tweaking4All.com - DVD - What title to rip? or: the 99 video titles fix! Problem [SOLVED]!!
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4