Thread: League of Legends on Ubuntu using POL

Beans

League of Legends on Ubuntu using POL

Hello all,
    Recently I installed League of Legends using PlayOnLinux, and after I finish the champion select and the game loads. When that happens, the screen goes black and return with the error "An unknown DirectX error has occurred and League of Legends cannot start."

I tried changing game.cfg, but not only does that not work, the contents of game.cfg aren't what they usually are, it just has CfgVersion and nothing else.

If anyone needs any more info, I will be happy to provide it.

Re: League of Legends on Ubuntu using POL

Oh, I had that same issue too. Just download the normal installer, and run it using just plain wine. The game will install and run normally. The same thing applies to battle.net, Hearthstone, Starcraft, or just about any other game that has an installer.exe.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: League of Legends on Ubuntu using POL

Quote Originally Posted by Hastur_The_Unspeak View Post
    Oh, I had that same issue too. Just download the normal installer, and run it using just plain wine. The game will install and run normally. The same thing applies to battle.net, Hearthstone, Starcraft, or just about any other game that has an installer.exe.
    I cannot agree with this statement, if it where true there wouldn't be things like POL, Crossover and winetricks etc...

As for the OP's issue, you could use POL to install a few different Wine versions (there are a few specifically marked for use with LoL and see if one of them perhaps fixes the issue).
    Last edited by sffvba[e0rt; February 27th, 2015 at 06:40 PM.