Thread: Petition: Please Release Native Linux Clients

Beans

Petition: Please Release Native Linux Clients

Hey folks, you gonna sign this petition to bring Blizzard Games to Linx

"Please Release Native Linux Clients"

https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-en...-linux-clients

Of course we don't want 100 supporters, but 100.000 or 500.000! So if you like the idea, sign it, and very important: Spread the word about it! If everybody get's another two people to sign this petition, and both of them get another two .... and so on. Then we could make it!

Dear Blizzard,
    For almost a decade now, the Linux gaming community have been requesting and requesting and requesting for you to show some love towards us. Sadly you have constantly ignored our requests.
    Although it is understood why you would want to ignore Linux 10 years ago, it does not make sense today. The Linux desktop operating system has advanced so far over the years to where even the ATI graphic drivers have become quite good.
    Many times in your forums, your moderators will state that Blizzard will support Linux when the demand is there but you never done any survey's to verify if the demand is present or not.
    Your anti-cheat system has also proven to you on more than one occassion that it will sometimes flag a Linux gamer using WINE to play your game as using a cheat/bot. November 2012 was the latest incident where Blizzard had to admit players were falsely identified as cheaters. This would not happen if you released a native linux client for your games.
    Valve came to Linux and have never regretted it so come on Blizzard, show that you do care and bring your games to the fast growing Linux desktop.
    Thank you.

Last edited by cRaZyBisCuiT; January 28th, 2015 at 01:32 PM.

Beans

Re: Petition: Please Release Native Linux Clients

Only 91 people signing, seriously guys? Go, go, gooooo for it! :>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

#116. Really, people, SIGN IT!

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Shared it on http://www.phoronix.com also. Seems it netted a lot of petitions for the cause. If anyone knows more Linux news pages then it would be a good idea to share it there also.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Gaming on Linux website maybe if it's not from them.... (GoL)?

for me as a non US person these petitions are kind of funny. no offence ment to the people doing it. it's just a funny way to express some desire (to me).

besides smashing parliament, throwing rocks, general disorder etc. seems to be the norm these days to get the message through. I don't like it. and I believe education via mass media and then voting on the matter is still better use of energy. e.g. people that support opensource in their program should promote it better via lobbying and thorugh media, to young people and then get their votes.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans

Just signed it.

Beans

Thank you guys! Please keep spreading the word! It's always good to ask people directly and share the news on social networs as well! We got 600 people signing already!

EDIT: 700!!!
    Last edited by cRaZyBisCuiT; January 31st, 2015 at 08:44 PM.

Beans

835!

Thank you for the support!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

ok, I see now how this could backfire:

Diablo III set a new record for fastest-selling PC game by selling over 3.5 million copies in the first 24 hours of its release,[6] and was the best selling PC game of 2012, selling more than 12 million copies during the year
    even if this gets to 10.000 that's still less than 0.1 % if I calculated correctly.it would just show that it is not worth the effort.

a better way would be - petition to create cross platform games that can be system agnostic or at least easy to port to various systems.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

It might be instructive for Blizzard to talk to Aspyr and Feral about the Linux game audience and its hunger for great games.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819