Thread: Firefox window does not refresh

Beans

Firefox window does not refresh

Hi,

I got an odd issue with my firefox at the moment.

When working in another window and coming back to FF the browser window does not refresh any more, while the status bar does.
    An example: I was looking at the ubuntu forums in FF and switched over to work with matlab, when coming back to FF, trying to open a new tab with ctrl + t I see that a new tab was opened in the window description (i.e. it changes to 'New tab - Mozilla Firefox') but the browser window keeps displaying the ubuntu forum site I was looking at.
    The only way to fix this is to resize the FF window. I haven't found anything else that would work.

I'm running ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.
    FF Version is 35.
    I'm using the 340.65 NVIDIA drivers from http://ppa.launchpad.net/xorg-edgers/ppa/ubuntu

Any ideas what I could do to get rid of this would be highly appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Firefox window does not refresh

I am baffled, or I have perhaps misunderstood what you mean.

Why do you expect the Firefox window to refresh when you appear not to have refreshed it but simply given it focus again after using something else?

What setting have you got for a new tab? Mine always opens with my home-page, but I can't remember if that is the default or whether I have changed it.
    Last edited by ajgreeny; January 21st, 2015 at 01:38 PM.

Beans

Ok,

maybe I was unclear:

When coming back to firefox the browser window display will not refresh/update again (ever) except on resizing.
    So I won't see any updates to the browser display (like another tab if it was selected).
    The fields (like the search field) still give their "response" but don't show what I'm typing in there.
    So I would get a dropdown with selections from the address field, but I wouldn't see, what I actually wrote in there.
    And as I said, the browser display itself only shows the new page if I resize the browser window.

However, I just noticed, that it might have something to do with flash...

I'll try around a bit, since it seems to be working fine at the moment, with no sites using flash player open...

Beans

Ok, I'm pretty sure now, that this is an issue with the flash player.
    I was regularly running youtube in some tab essentially listening to music in the background.
    Since I stopped that firefox is behaving normal.

However, any ideas what exactly could cause this would be highly appreciated