Hi all.
I'm totally new to Linux and I'm trying to achieve something, but I don't know if my plans are okay.
I would like to have a Windows 8.1 / Ubuntu system, in dual boot. Windows is on my RAIDed SSDs, and I would like to have Ubuntu installed on a partition on my 1TB HDD. That partition (~330GB) would be fully encrypted with TrueCrypt, and I would use Ubuntu on it to run VirtualBox mainly. The other partition on the HDD would serve as storage only.

Now I'm wondering about File Systems. I've heard about ext3, ext4, XFS, and I would want one that allows Ubuntu to be installed, to boot, and that allows TrueCrypt to fully encrypt the volume.
And also, would that be okay if the Ubuntu partition was ext3/ext4/XFS, dunno which (and the volume fully encrypted) and if at the same time the other partition on the same HDD ( for storage ) was NTFS ?

And would you have a version of Ubuntu to recommend to me in particular, for my needs ? One with a GUI if possible.

Thanks !

Ah, and my specs : 4670K - Asus Z97 M7H - 16GB of RAM - iGPU of the processor for now, but will upgrade to something strong.
Thank you