Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new look of the launcher in Ubuntu 16.04?

Beans

Exclamation The new look of the launcher in Ubuntu 16.04?

With all due respect to the developers have a couple of questions about the design of Ubuntu/Unity. In my opinion, this medium bypasses ergonomics other DE. Nevertheless, some things which can be unpleasant. For example, the flexibility to customize the launcher. Here I mean its appearance. That is, if the system is to work not only with hotkeys, but still use it to navigate through applications (actually in my opinion, this important duty launcher ), it is often quite difficult to navigate which application is running and what is not (much depends on the shape and color application icons). Personally, my opinion - prevents distinction - between running applications and not running applications- bulge in the form of a square / rectangular lenses in which the application icon. Glare, which on it to create a false impression that the application is running is especially true when the icons are the same color next to each other.. Some of the topics deal with this problem, such as Numix, but the use of these gives a side effect of the disappearance of any indication that the application any indication when clicking on icon in Unity Launcher (blinking animation disappears). Actually it's not even a question, and the wish for developers usability and design Ubuntu - add this option in which it was possible to remove distracting the eye thing (in some cases it is even necessary). Ubuntu thereby increase their functional superiority, in terms usability before other OSes.
    I like the concept of Roman Nguyen - https://www.behance.net/gallery/2880...mander-concept
    Last edited by tamir2; August 20th, 2015 at 07:26 PM.

Beans

Re: The new look of the launcher in Ubuntu 15.04?

For example, as organized visualization applications running on other operating systems:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

As I have said something similar can be done in the launcher Unity, but with the there is another problem, to which I referred above.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

15.04 -

Thread moved to Ubuntu Development Version.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have not read your post. I do not have the time to work my way through posts that are difficult read.

Please remember that this is a user forum. This is not the place to make suggestions for improvements to Ubuntu. It is much too late to change things in the next version of Ubuntu (15.04). The decisions have already been taken.

The Unity user interface reached version 7 with the release of 14.04 and it was still at version 7 with the release of Ubuntu 14.10. And 15.04 will have Unity 7 as will 15.10 and 16.04. There are no plans to radically redesign the Unity user interface. Instead the intention is to give Ubuntu the Unity 8 user interface, which is Unity 7 re-written to run on the Mir display server that is being used in Ubuntu for phones and tablets. That stated intention is to give 16.04 users a login option of either Unity 7 running of the Xserver and the Compiz compositor or Unity 8 running on Mir. So, I think that it is safe to say that the design of Unity is here to stay.

Every six months or so there is the Ubuntu Online Summit. Users as well as developers can set up sessions to discuss whatever they want. It may be that a developer will become interested in an idea that someone puts forward and offers to work on the code. May be not. Check out some of the sessions. This was the summit held partway through the development cycle of 14.10.

http://summit.ubuntu.com/uos-1406/

The direction Ubuntu development was being taken

http://summit.ubuntu.com/uos-1406/track/development/

This was the summit held soon after development of 15.04 was started

http://summit.ubuntu.com/uos-1411/

This is the intended development direction of Ubuntu up to the release of 15.04

http://summit.ubuntu.com/uos-1411/track/development/
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

grahammechanical thanks for the info and sorry for the bad english (.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

it is often quite difficult to navigate which application is running and what is not (much depends on the shape and color application icons)
    Not really.
    Running apps have an arrow next to them to the left side, the focused app will also have an arrow on the right.

From the screenshot in post #3, you have 6 apps open and running.
    Since you have the focus on the desktop, none of the running apps have focus.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Yes that's right, but I can see them very clearly thanks to the theme Numix. It removes these protuberances with glare. But adds another bug (blinking animation disappears). The ideal is not found ((. I think there is an option to fix.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I see them clearly and I don't use numix, so...

Added, Does numix disregard the layers needed for the launcher to work correctly, in terms of the wiggly blinky animations.
    Last edited by deadflowr; January 6th, 2015 at 06:18 PM.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

That's the way it would be clearer, is not it?
    Please, note that off border around the Unity launcher icons.
    Last edited by tamir2; January 6th, 2015 at 06:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast