Thread: Landscape

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Landscape

What is "Landscape" and what use is it to a single desktop computer or single laptop?

Can it be removed from Ubuntu 14.04lts?

I just happened to see it on the System Settings application and I was wondering what it is for. Went to web site and it said that it was a fee based application for managing 100's of computers, so why is i on my one computer?.
    Using POP!_OS 20.04, which is basically Ubuntu 20.04 with some help from System76.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Landscape

Try
    sudo apt-get remove landscape-client landscape-client-ui landscape-client-ui-install landscape-common
    Good site to search for guides & how-tos.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Remember, the Ubuntu we download is the same Ubuntu that a business user will download. There is only one desktop Ubuntu for all of us. We, home users of single machines running Ubuntu do not get a free but crippled Ubuntu. And business users do not get a better quality professional or enterprise Ubuntu because they have paid for it. It is the same Ubuntu for all and it is free to download by all no matter how many machines we wish to install Ubuntu on. This is a different business model to that used by some other Linux distributions.

So, Landscape is included for those business users who might just be interested in such a service. The money made by Canonical from such services pays Canonical engineers to develop Ubuntu.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

This has been useful. I removed the Landscape icon successfully with the command from my fresh installed Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS, but there was only landscape-client-ui-install concerned.

Thanks for Grahammechanical, its useful to understand, but maybe with an auto script for individual users or business users to configure their machine would be highly expected, isn't it ? Personally I am building mine with web sources including the above line. It'll be usefull for my next reinstall.

Best regards.
    Last edited by liuzhongjun; February 25th, 2015 at 11:25 AM.