Thread: Ubuntu has changed my keyboard layout

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Ubuntu has changed my keyboard layout

NOTE:- Please don't reject this thread because someone else (Christian.Hamburg, October 7th, 2014 07:05 PM) has asked a similar question - his OS is Zorin.

I use a Spanish (Standard ) keyboard. Suddenly my keybord, although still shown as Es at top of display, has changed to Spanish (Latin America). I only noticed this today when I tried to insert some square brackets in a formula.
    How do I permanently revert to the layout I selected on installation?
    I don't want a temporary solution, and having used Ubuntu for over 12 years, have never used any other keyboard.
    Acer Aspire 5735, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD + 2x2TB Seagate Expansion Drives

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Ubuntu has changed my keyboard layout

Quote Originally Posted by RayArdia View Post
    NOTE:- Please don't reject this thread because someone else (Christian.Hamburg, October 7th, 2014 07:05 PM) has asked a similar question - his OS is Zorin.
    This isn't a StackExchange forum.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu has changed my keyboard layout

There are a couple of things that you can try. Go to System Settings>Language Support and see if Spanish (Latin America) it at the top of the list. If it is then move Spanish to the top of the list. Also, you can click on the Keyboard app indicator icon and select Text Entry Settings and see what Input Sources to Use are available. There should be one for Spanish but there may also be for Spanish (Latin America). You can remove that. Select it and click the minus ( - ) sign.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530