Thread: 14.04 LTS wifi stops working and disconnects after few minutes from rebooting

Beans

Post 14.04 LTS wifi stops working and disconnects after few minutes from rebooting

I installed ( ubuntu 14.4 LTS ) a week ago (it's important to mention I'm still a beginner).
    On the first day my home WiFi worked fine, but on the second day and until now my WiFi stopped working and if I reboot, it works for about 5 minutes and disconnects again .

I've run the wireless script when the WiFi is NOT working here
    and when working here .

Also When running a `tail -f /var/log/{messages,kernel,dmesg,syslog}` in one window and open an additional terminal and doing a `sudo rmmod rtl8723be&&sleep 5&&sudo modprobe rtl8723be` I get the following output

How should I proceed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: 14.04 LTS wifi stops working and disconnects after few minutes from rebooting

Change the encryption mode to pure WPA2-AES (CCMP) instead of WPA (TKIP), check the router manual. Additionally, "Ignore" IPv6 in the network-manager profile

Beans

Re: 14.04 LTS wifi stops working and disconnects after few minutes from rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by praseodym View Post
    Change the encryption mode to pure WPA2-AES (CCMP) instead of WPA (TKIP), check the router manual. Additionally, "Ignore" IPv6 in the network-manager profile
    Sorry I haven't mentioned that it happened also outside my house at a cafe's Wifi it also disconnected .

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I found this thread http://askubuntu.com/questions/45734...with-rtl8723be which may help you. A few of the comments there mention an option fwlps=0 for your rtl8723be module.

I think you can just add that to your command
    sudo modprobe rtl8723be fwlps=0

or if that doesn't work try the command mentioned in that thread:
    echo "options rtl8723be fwlps=0" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723be.conf

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by r.stiltskin View Post
    I found this thread http://askubuntu.com/questions/45734...with-rtl8723be which may help you. A few of the comments there mention an option fwlps=0 for your rtl8723be module.

I think you can just add that to your command
    sudo modprobe rtl8723be fwlps=0

or if that doesn't work try the command mentioned in that thread:
    echo "options rtl8723be fwlps=0" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723be.conf
    it worked for a bit but unfortunately didn't solve the problem and the Wifi stopped working again .