Thread: How to set default proposed answer to "OK"?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Unhappy How to set default proposed answer to "OK"?

I could not find an answer to this "issue". Since I switched to Xubuntu (14.04), the default proposed answer (to confirm with "Enter") in most programs is "Cancel" instead of "OK". The most annoying situation is when I want to delete a picture in Ristretto or gThumb, I have to actively change the confirming answer to the question "Are you sure you want to move "Lifesaver.jpg" to trash?" from the proposed "Cancel" to "OK" or "Move to trash" with the keyboard or mouse click instead of being able to just type "Enter".
    Screenshot - 21122014 - 14:47:33.png
    Any tip is much appreciated!
    Last edited by tellapu; December 21st, 2014 at 08:53 PM.

Beans

Re: How to set default proposed answer to "OK"?

in basic terms the default to cancel is a safety feature. It is an attempt to help the user reduce blond moments or as otherwise stated more commonly , oh **** i just deleted the only copy i had of my Great grandparents wedding or OH **** i just permantly deleted the only copy i had of my 25 page report on The Church of Jerusalem.
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.

In service to the Dream

Beans

Mirage has things the way you want. See a picture you don't like, click delete and hit enter. The "okay" button is the one in focus. Of course, you can later recover the image from Trash.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

@stalkingwolf Probably this is the reason if the change was on purpose or has this been default in Xubuntu before? But I think that would be an overkill. The question "Are you sure you want to move "Lifesaver.jpg" to trash?" is already an excellent safety feature. If you delete a file by accident, you can still recover it from the Trash (second safety feature). Do we need a third one and make it more complicated to accomplish something?
    If yes, there should be at least a place to change the setting for the ones that are happy with two safety features like before. Does anyone know where this could be changed?
    @vasa1 Thanks a lot for the tip. I will test it and still hope for a way to change the general behaviour as I like gThumb for simple editing purposes, but will replace Ristretto with Mirage.
    Last edited by tellapu; December 21st, 2014 at 10:21 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tellapu View Post
    If yes, there should be at least a place to change the setting ...
    The modern trend is to dispense with settings accessible to the "average" user citing "integrated experience and "being intuitive" (is that something like common sense?).
    I don't have any specific distro or OS or software in mind.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Is there anybody that can give more insight or help?