Thread: "ignoring BGRT" error at start up, mouse pointer moves and clicks without touching it

Beans

Unhappy "ignoring BGRT" error at start up, mouse pointer moves and clicks without touching it

Hi! Every Body.

I installed Lubuntu 14.04 x86-64 (64 bit), into a HP ENVY Touchsmart Notebook. At the start up before it goes to the log in screen, it displays something about "ignoring BGRT.....", then I log in and my mouse starts to move and clicks every where on the screen, some times the touchpad from the notebook wont work. I bought a logitek M705 mouse to try, and it does the same thing, the mouse moves without touching it and clicks every where on the screen. Any ideas? Thanks for your time in advance.:o

Beans

Re: "ignoring BGRT" error at start up, mouse pointer moves and clicks without touchin

have the same problem... idk what to do either!

Beans

Re: "ignoring BGRT" error at start up, mouse pointer moves and clicks without touchin

Hi! Miguel

I hear you! It seems nobody has heard of this error, so far. Hopefully, some body has an answer to this. Thanks for the post my friend.

Linuxbeliever

Beans

Hi! Miguel

I just wanted to tell you, I found out that by disabling the secureboot option inside the bios setup, do not forget to type the special code that the machine will ask you to type and press enter after that reboot once and wait at least 1 minute and reboot again, then shutdown the laptop, wait another 1 minute, while is not connected to the ac adapter, remove the battery and push the power button a few times slowly, then replace the battery and turn on the laptop, let it go to the login screen and wait a couple of minutes to stabilize the system, then login then again wait a couple of minutes, then shutdown again and wait a few minutes before trying to work on it. This worked flawlessly in mine, to get the mouse to work normal, I still see the error "ignoring:BGRT" at boot up though, but the mouse/touchpad is working at least, good luck in yours.

Linuxbeliever
    Last edited by Pablo_Reyes; December 22nd, 2014 at 12:10 AM.