Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on Vista?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Your opinions on Vista?

I tried it at my local electronic shop(the beta of course), on a quite powerful and modern machine, and this is so far the biggest resource hog that Microsoft has ever released. And it reminded me so awfully much of Mac OS X. Not a single feature impressed me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Your opinions on Vista?

Ditto. Microsoft has not truly innovated in the OS market in a long time. Nearly every feature they implement is taken from OS X, kDE, Gnome, etc. It's upsetting and true. I'd much rather see them go back to the way they used to be. They became the market leader because their product was actually better than everyone else's. If they could gain some of that back, I'd be very pleased.
    Upgrade to 7.10 today!
    Automatix: Automated, graphical installer for almost everything you need. Samba share problems? Fix them! Need to delete unwanted wireless networks? Check this out!

win_zik Guest

Quote Originally Posted by x64Jimbo View Post
    I'd much rather see them go back to the way they used to be. They became the market leader because their product was actually better than everyone else's. If they could gain some of that back, I'd be very pleased.
    What product are you talking about?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Vista is not ready for the market yet.

You should wait until the final version is released before expressinf judges on Vista.

For example it would be unfair criticising Ubuntu Edgy Eft since it's still under development

Beans

I have been testing the beta for a few weeks and I must say it has some nice features.
    I am looking forward to the final product.
    This account is not active.

win_zik Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tseliot View Post
    Vista is not ready for the market yet.

You should wait until the final version is released before expressinf judges on Vista.

For example it would be unfair criticising Ubuntu Edgy Eft since it's still under development
    But then again, edgy hasn't been in development for years already, it also isn't supposed to be feature complete and it certainly isn't in a late beta stage.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by win_zik View Post
    But then again, edgy hasn't been in development for years already, it also isn't supposed to be feature complete and it certainly isn't in a late beta stage.
    Vista has been shedding features since day 1...WinFS comes to mind..

We'll wait...Duke Nukem Vista forever!

Beans

I must admit that it does look very nice.
    I don't have the resources, space or time for it though.

Tony.

Beans
    Hidden!

Bloatware. Useless features.
    If someone tells you to sudo rm -rf ANYTHING, then DO NOT DO IT!

Don't run any command with rm in it unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by win_zik View Post
    What product are you talking about?
    Windows 3.1. There was nothing like it at the time, and it revolutionized computing. With DOS, only the elite were able to even use a computer for daily tasks since not many normal folks can wrap their head around the idea of a CLI. That changed with Windows 3.1. Now I realize that there were previous versions of Windows, but like Vista, they were not ready for prime time. 3.1 hit the nail on the head and brought personal computing to the forefront, and for that, I really do thank them.
    Upgrade to 7.10 today!
    Automatix: Automated, graphical installer for almost everything you need. Samba share problems? Fix them! Need to delete unwanted wireless networks? Check this out!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast