Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Install pepper flash

Beans

Install pepper flash

I need to install pepper flash to get my flash working for Chromium.

I tried "sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree"
    but it couldn't locate the package.

Flash works with Firefox oddly enough.

There's only one website I need flash for when running Chromium (to upload photos to photo contests - dpreview), or I wouldn't bother.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by michael-piziak; December 5th, 2014 at 12:06 AM.

Beans

Re: Install pepper flash

Did you check with Ubuntu's Software Center? I believe the package pepperflashplugin-nonfree is in the Multiverse repository, which you must have enabled, and is NOT enabled by default for software which is encumbered by licensing which makes the contents non-free.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by carlwsnyder View Post
    Did you check with Ubuntu's Software Center? I believe the package pepperflashplugin-nonfree is in the Multiverse repository, which you must have enabled, and is NOT enabled by default for software which is encumbered by licensing which makes the contents non-free.
    How do I enable this multiverse repository ? See my screen shot below of what I think is enabled.

Beans

You have the same repositories that I have enabled, and I have flashplugin-nonfree installed from Synaptic in Xubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by michael-piziak View Post
    How do I enable this multiverse repository ? See my screen shot below of what I think is enabled.
    Multiverse repository can be enabled by uncommenting the corresponding apt lines (i.e. delete the '#' at the beginning of the line).

Open a terminal window and run the following:
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
    and remove the # from the front of the respective line.

Edit: For more information, please refer to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Re...es/CommandLine
    Last edited by slickymaster; December 5th, 2014 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Added info

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by carlwsnyder View Post
    You have the same repositories that I have enabled, and I have flashplugin-nonfree installed from Synaptic in Xubuntu.
    I found "flashplugin-nonfree" and installed it. It did not allow my Chromium Browser to do flash at dpreview.com when entering a photo in a challenge contest.

I can not find pepperflash in the software center, nor can I get pepperflash to install with the sudo command in terminal.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by slickymaster View Post
    Multiverse repository can be enabled by uncommenting the corresponding apt lines (i.e. delete the '#' at the beginning of the line).

Open a terminal window and run the following:
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
    and remove the # from the front of the respective line.

Edit: For more information, please refer to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Re...es/CommandLine

I'm afraid that performing this is beyond my computer skill level.

Surely there is an easy way to get pepperflash. Previously when I was running 12.04 32 bit I got pepperflash with ease. Now that I've updated my system to 64 bit (12.04 lts), I just can't seem to get it.

Why can't "sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree" install it? Why can't I locate it in the software center ?
    Last edited by michael-piziak; December 5th, 2014 at 12:44 AM.

Beans

Why can't "sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree" install it? Why can't I locate it in the software center ?
    I find it in the Ubuntu Software Center (14.04). Put "pepperflash" in the search box, and the result shows "Pepper Flash Player - browser plugin" which is what you want.

Beans

Well, I just noticed that you are using 12.04 - in that case, I think you need to use a PPA to install it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis N View Post
    I find it in the Ubuntu Software Center (14.04). Put "pepperflash" in the search box, and the result shows "Pepper Flash Player - browser plugin" which is what you want.
    I am running Ubuntu 12.04 lts (64 bit). When I type pepperflash in the software center, it can not find it. See screenshot below.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast