Thread: Chrome download absurdly slow

Beans

Chrome download absurdly slow

I installed the Google PPA to get Chrome. However my download speed is a ridiculous 100-120 kB/sec. Usually I get download speeds in the 3-6 Mbit range. Is this just because Google's download site is highly throttled, or some other problem?

Why isn't Chrome in the "partners" repository any more?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Re: Chrome download absurdly slow

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    I installed the Google PPA to get Chrome. However my download speed is a ridiculous 100-120 kB/sec. Usually I get download speeds in the 3-6 Mbit range. Is this just because Google's download site is highly throttled, or some other problem?
    Was this slow download just the one time or have Google Chrome downloads become slow for the past few times? I didn't notice any slowdown when the last update was done (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot...update_25.html). The speed was as fast as I've reported previously.

Beans

Check your add/remove programs under control panel, and chromes addons (however they work).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Was this slow download just the one time or have Google Chrome downloads become slow for the past few times? I didn't notice any slowdown when the last update was done.
    This was my first time downloading Chrome in a very long time. I use Firefox 99% of the time, but wanted to see if Chrome could solve a problem I was having with a streaming site (ESPN). Turned out the solution was to enable pop-up windows, so I'm back to Firefox.

I checked to make sure I wasn't having a general connectivity problem, and it definitely wasn't that.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users