Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of cell phone do you use, and why?

Beans

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use, and why?

net 10 LG mark one mod zero. its a phone. I already have 7 computers.
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.

In service to the Dream

Beans

I also have a nexus 5. I don't do social media, but apart from phone/texting I do browse the web a lot on it (and youtube a lot) so I justify having it instead of a basic phone. I am running vanilla lollipop 5.0 on it right now (I'm kinda done with rooting/customizing android, just don't care anymore). I do like how much faster 5.0 seems to be compared to previous versions.

Like others have mentioned, I also like doing most of my computing on a regular computer (in my case a laptop) because I am too used to keyboards/mouse/trackpad and how much more you can do on a computer compared to a phone.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Is that Motherboard component?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I don't care about mobile phones because I can't do much on it except than browsing web and tyring Android games. ( lollipop vanilla is a new version of Jellybean 4.4? )

Beans

Got a galaxy s advance a 200€ smartphone almost 2 years now. Was in the army (conscript) and wanted something to view movies, series, read e-books etc. Could of got a tablet but i preferred something more discreet (it's 4-inch). Still use it for checking stuff on the net on the go (though I avoid leisurely browsing, screen is too small to be really comfortable) and I still use it to read e-book before going to sleep. Probably I would use a tablet for that if I had one. I run android 4.4 aosp and small pokes around the filesystem reveal familiar (and some unfamiliar) things. :0

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

iPhone 5S. Because it's paid for by my employer and does what it needs to do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Samsung Galaxy Note 8, I like "all in one", I use speaker when I talk, so there is no problem holding it.
    Only thing it is missing is flashlight blitz

Beans

I'm gonna be honest, Its a tool.
    As long as it sends the occasional text message, makes phone calls (Not something all 'phones' can do) and fits in my pocket (Another thing not all 'phones' can do) then I'm good
    I have the odd app, Productivity and sales apps (Which are useful) but mostly its just a phone.
    All this rubbish about Android Vs iOS is lost on me and I develop apps for them!

Beans
    Hidden!

Mrs Lisati and I both have a cheap and nasty smartphones. They're a model that I wouldn't recommend to anyone who can afford something better due to an annoying habit of complaining about insufficient storage when trying to install updates.

I use mine mainly as a phone, with occasional use of our bank's app to check our accounts. Mrs Lisati uses hers mainly for texting her family, which she finds easier than with its predecessor (an inexpensive flip phone). Having 3.5" screens they're a bit hard for us to use for anything much more than that.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!

I use a dumb phone that does text and calls. It does what I need it to do. I am on old retired guy. I have a notebook, laptop, and desktop for everything else. Plus it only costs US$20 a month to use it.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast