Thread: Installer screen to large

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Installer screen to large

I was trying to install ubuntu-gnome on my netbook, as my previous install from the mini iso is broken in so many little ways, that it would take more time to fix it, than it would to do a fresh install. While going through the process, the first two screens are OK, but once I get to the partitioning screen, the buttons are below the bottom of the screen, there is enough of the button visible to click, but on the next screen where the partitions are actually set, the buttons are so far below the bottom of the screen, I can't even guess where they are located. I've had some luck randomly pressing the tab key, but this time nothing seems to work. This time every time I hit the enter key, I get a window asking if I want to quit the installation.

I've run into this problem during previous testing cycles, but it always seems to get fixed before the final release. Has any one else run into the same thing? Just for completeness, I even started using nomodeset, but that didn't help either.

System specs:

• Atom N270 CPU
    • 1 GiB Ram
    • Intel 945GSE graphics chipset
    • 10" screen@1024X600 resolution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Installer screen to large

@cariboo907,

Yeah I've had very same issue on installations.
    But most cases, I could "move" that window with the combo "Alt-Key & Left-Click (or Double-Tap)". Basically, Gnome3 seems to require XGA or higher resolution at least...

I've run into this problem during previous testing cycles, but it always seems to get fixed before the final release.
    Really? Every time (= Alpha/Beta phase) I tried to run installer on such old-school netbooks with WSVGA display, I had to move those windows to see all.

Best Regards,
    Tista
    Last edited by tista; November 27th, 2014 at 12:11 PM.