Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will the Edubuntu Website return?

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

When will the Edubuntu Website return?

Hello All,

I notice that EduUbuntu Website is down and has been for some time. After a quick google search I found the fallowing link that addresses most likely why it is down.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/54521...ubuntu-website

I am little bothered that some long-term users and admin on the site voted the thread closed, due to it being related to another OS? (Not for sure where they were going with that, another Flavour maybe not another OS 0_o)

I was wondering if any one has heard if their is a ETA on when the site will relaunch or if it ever will?
    Last edited by mfilacchione; November 25th, 2014 at 09:38 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: EduUbuntu Website, When will she return? :)

Support questions for Edubuntu, and all the official Ubuntu flavours, may be asked in General Help on this forum, but this isn't a technical support question, so...

Thread moved to The Cafe.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Support questions for Edubuntu, and all the official Ubuntu flavours, may be asked in General Help on this forum, but this isn't a technical support question, so...

Thread moved to The Cafe.
    Thanks I am still learning where things go on the forums!

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    Yeah it appears to be, something about a security vulnerability is what I discovered at the original link I posted.
    My question is if any one has a heard of an official date or estimate (from the EduUbuntu team) on when they may relaunch the site or put something new in it's place?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: When will the Edubuntu Website return?

I also saw that AskUbuntu page when I was trying to find out why I could not access the Edubuntu site. It just goes to show that some people who think that they are clever actually do not know what they are talking about. Or perhaps they like to exercise the little authority that they have been given.

Edubuntu is Ubuntu. It is not another Linux distribution. Actually the question was answered. As far as I can make out, it was not a fault with the Edubuntu site but the underlying software that the site was running on. In a matter like this the Edubuntu developers are in the hands of the IT experts. And it is only right that they do a good job.

There is an Edubuntu irc channel but I do not think that the people on that channel will know any more that you do about the date the web site will be back up.

https://wiki.edubuntu.org/IRC/ChannelList

Regards.
    Last edited by grahammechanical; November 26th, 2014 at 03:31 AM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

seems to be back up now

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    I also saw that AskUbuntu page when I was trying to find out why I could not access the Edubuntu site. It just goes to show that some people who think that they are clever actually do not know what they are talking about. Or perhaps they like to exercise the little authority that they have been given.

Edubuntu is Ubuntu. It is not another Linux distribution. Actually the question was answered. As far as I can make out, it was not a fault with the Edubuntu site but the underlying software that the site was running on. In a matter like this the Edubuntu developers are in the hands of the IT experts. And it is only right that they do a good job.

There is an Edubuntu irc channel but I do not think that the people on that channel will know any more that you do about the date the web site will be back up.

https://wiki.edubuntu.org/IRC/ChannelList

Regards.
    I did not know they had an IRC Channel, Thanks so much. I hate to say it but I agree with your AskUbuntu statement in regards to how that thread was treated. When I saw it I felt the same way and felt kind of bad for the person who posted it. After seeing why it was down I was trying to get a ETA on it cause I was teaching a public Education class and the site was part of my presentation. Any ways, I check the site last night and it appears to back up after I read ubuntuman001 comment.

I am not for sure if it something I can do but this thread can be closed. Thanks for every ones help!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

The question was not about a flavor of Ubuntu, but the state of a website. I'm not at all surprised it was closed on a Stack Exchange format.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    The question was not about a flavor of Ubuntu, but the state of a website. I'm not at all surprised it was closed on a Stack Exchange format.
    closed as off-topic by Thomas W., Braiam, Eric Carvalho, KasiyA, blade19899 Nov 4 at 8:08

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "This is not about Ubuntu. Questions about other Linux distributions can be asked on Unix & Linux, those about Windows on Super User, those about Apple products on Ask Different and generic programming questions on Stack Overflow." – Thomas W., Eric Carvalho, KasiyA, blade19899

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I do not think it was closed because of what state the website was in ^ if it was so some one did a poor choice of leaving the closing explanation ^ Plus it was closed so quick to where no fallow up could be done. I also believe the response that was left suggested the site was down do to vulnerability and did not actually confirm it was.

But who cares at this point it is back
    Last edited by mfilacchione; December 1st, 2014 at 11:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast