Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What you like about Unity, Gnome and other desktop environments

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: What you like about Unity, Gnome and other desktop environments

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbite View Post
    That reminds me, I like how the sidebar can be adjusted in size so that if you, like me, prefer it to be always visible it doesn't have to take up a large amount of screen real estate.
    Yes, even though I normally hide it, resizing it smaller is a bonus too.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Just testing intelligent hiding of the standard xfce panels and corner tiling in the same. They might make it to release for 15.04. While these things might be in gnome and unity - I'd not know anymore

I'd agree with nerdtron's views in post #4 too.

Simply doing what I need it to do - big plus for me.

Beans

I've gotta say i'm quite impressed with kde4...I never really gave it a chance until now, and I've been running it for about a month now. I like how I can customize many things, even small details. I used to think maybe some configuration options were too numerous or too complex, but what's important is that they're there. Better for it to be there than not (imo) and if there're some options that you would never use, just ignore them.

I've gotten to like the overall look and feel of kde and qt apps...I think it is a beautiful desktop. I've replaced things like synaptic with muon, gparted with the kde partition manager, and so on. I thought I would be missing all those gtk apps I loved, but I'm finding plenty of qt apps which are awesome replacements and sometimes even improvements. I know you can just run either gtk or qt in any desktop environment, but I like the seamless integration of most qt apps with kde, so I tend to choose them over the gtk counterparts. I still have some gtk apps of course.

The 14.04 LTS of kubuntu has also been extremely stable for me, so that's always a plus hehe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123