Thread: WINE Uninstall and System Errors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

WINE Uninstall and System Errors

Hello,

The last two times I installed WINE I was able to use the programs I wanted with ease and without issue. However, I ended up uninstalling it because I found out that that there was a Linux based alternative to the program I was using in WINE.

The issue I have is not with the install, use, or uninstall of WINE, but more so the fact that both times, after uninstall, I start receiving system errors. When I try to view these error reports before sending them to the Ubuntu Devs, they just clock and don't actually show me any useful information in the UI.

Each time I boot my system and log in, I immediately receive a system error and then again about 30-60 seconds later. Whether I send the report or just cancel the errors go away for about 1-2 hours and then come back. Except when they come back, they continue to come back after either sending the report or cancelling every time.

Then when I shut down my system, I see a long list of code against a black screen, but it only flashes on the screen for about 1 second and I do not have time to actually view what it is telling me. Then the purple Ubuntu startup/shutdown screen (with the dots) appears and my ssytem doesn't actually shut down. The only way to fully shut down is to hard shut down with the power button.

Given that this only happens when I uninstall WINE, I am guessing that it is due to a bad uninstall. However, I cannot actually see the error reports to try and diagnose the issue.

When I fresh install Ubuntu and DO NOT install WINE, I can go months without errors.

Anyone know what might be causing these issues or any way I can try to diagnose this issue?

Kratos

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: WINE Uninstall and System Errors

Anyone have any ideas?

Kratos