Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu server 14.04 partition

Beans

Re: Ubuntu server 14.04 partition? help me!?

Quote Originally Posted by nerdtron View Post
    Several guides are lurking in the internet. Best way to learn is to experiment.

Same as how you do in windows. Just format sdb2 so that it would be usable, then create a folder as a mount point for it. Next point your application to use that folder.

Two things you need to learn here. System administration (installing, preparing the server, editing partitions, mounting drives, backups) and Applications administration like configuring the application to the environment you need.

In both you need to be familiar with the command line and be familiar with linux. You can start reading by downloading the free PDF here: http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php

i can say no problem install it like it should but i would like to know a guidec or a how to get C: drive to do the boot and the D: drive to do the save? best and pluss would be the guide!!

Beans

okey i like it guys!! but lets keep it simple! gonna install ubuntu server on one hdd now after that i gunner install hamachi logmein server for now no questions asked! i need a sftp server that control all of D: drive ad under document and all that can you just post some how to if you find some? ... I'm stuck? :/ btw by now I'm currently a mac user since I'm a web designer... so post this for mac OS X mac or the new yosrmite tnx my friends

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Is the D drive ready?
    Don't call it D drive already, I think it will be /dev/sdb now. Create a partition on it and format it. Then we can proceed.
    If it is connected already, we should see it on the following commands:
    Code:
     lsblk
    sudo parted -l
    Doesn't care if mac or windows, we're dealing with ubuntu server here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Beans

Re: Ubuntu server 14.04 partition

yes /dev/sdb is ready to go installed and up and running now how do i get files on the other hdd?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Ubuntu server 14.04 partition

Is it already mounted? What's the path?

SFTP is already installed if you installed the package openssh-server. The next step a user for sftp and set it's home directory to the new drive.

Code:
     sudo mkdir /path/to/new/drive 
    sudo adduser -d /path/to/new/drive newuser
    sudo chown -R newuser:newuser /path/to/new/drive
    Now newuser can just log-in to the server using like filezilla, or the command line sftp and then start uploading files. The folder they be saved is the /path/to/new/drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12